nav bar

Image Map

Monday, May 7, 2012

Here goes nothing...

Why does a first blog post seem so intimidating?? I've tried this blogging thing before and it didn't turn out too well, but I'm going to be better this time! Part of the reason I took so long to start the blog is because I didn't know how to start it out! It just reminded me writing papers in college and trying to just get past the first paragraph and thesis. That's the worst! Hopefully once I get past the first post, it will all flow from there. Hope I don't disappoint! This blog is just a way to document what's going on in our lives, share art projects I'm working on, and spill what's going on in my head.

It took me forever to think of a name for this blog. I didn't just want to have my name in the title. And I couldn't think of anything catchy with our last name like A Ginn and A Ginn. Some blog names Will & I threw around were PawsiblyPerfect (but I told Will that sounded like a grooming salon--and our life is by no means perfect), KassnerKrafts (<<--- looks too much like Kardashian's), and many MANY more. Will threw out so many names, but I was being very picky about it for some reason. I came across the verse in Exodus last week when I was doing my daily reading. I had never read this verse before and I was ecstatic when I found it!

"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts-to make artistic designs..." Exodus 31:3 

How perfect is this verse!? It is in reference to Moses' time and the creation of the Ark of the Covenant. I was excited to read it and see that God gives people gifts like crafting and artistry and those gifts are to be used for His glory. (I knew that already, but it was great to see it in the Old Testament!) After I read this verse, I thought it would be perfect for the blog. I'm excited to start writing and hope you will enjoy reading!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...