nav bar

Image Map

Monday, May 14, 2012

Military Man

I'm sure that most of you who are friends with me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter have seen all about what we did this past weekend. If not, I'll brag some more on my brother, Cody, on here! Last Wednesday night the whole family left for Fort Benning, Georgia. It was such a long drive there. We got to the cabin we were staying in around 2:30am and had to leave for graduation at 8am that morning. Needless to say, we were all a little tired and may have been sleep-walking, but that didn't last long once we got to see Cody graduate. He graduated from Apache Company, 1-81, 4th Platoon on May 10, 2012 as an Army Tanker!
Me and Cody after his graduation

Will & I


We left to drive home on Friday morning. Cody flew home and we got to pick him up from the airport that night. The reunion of him and his dog, Montana, was priceless. It was so sweet to see Tana that excited to see Cody!


Family at the airport
We had a Homecoming Party for Cody on Saturday afternoon. Cody really enjoyed having family and friends come by to see him. It was a great turn out!


A great cake made by Ginger Clark. She made our wedding cakes too

Army Armor insignia

The party invitations I made



We ended a great weekend by celebrating great Mothers! After church on Sunday, Will & I went to his parents' house and had a DELICIOUS lunch. Steak, green beans, corn on the cob, fried potatoes, and shrimp! Doesn't that just make your mouth water?! We spent some time with them and then ran by my parents' to give my mom and Nana their Mother's Day gifts. Will & I have both been so blessed with godly mothers and grandmothers. I have had amazing examples of how a mother should be and I can only hope that I will be half as good as they have been someday!

Happy Monday!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...